Thursday, October 9, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

This recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough truffles is my absolute favorite...bring these to the next party that you go to and I guarantee that you will be the most popular person there! They are perfect for all the holiday parties in the next few months! Or Sunday football!

Image source


These are DELICIOUS! Also, I can't take credit for these photos - I actually don't have pictures handy of the ones that I made...probably because they were eaten immediately after I made them ;)

So, let's get to it:

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup whole milk
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I recommend Ghiradelli)
Chocolate for dipping like Baker's Dipping Chocolate -- I'd get 2 or 3 of these to be safe

Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla extract. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix on low speed (or stir by hand) until incorporated. Don't get crazy here or you will have this dry mixture all over your kitchen - trust me, I know this from experience. Add in chocolate chips and mix by hand.

Cover and chill the dough for 1 hour.

When the dough is firm enough to handle, form dough into 1" balls and arrange on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Place the baking sheets in the freezer for 30 minutes.

Image source

Melt the dipping chocolate in microwave according to package directions. Alternatively, you could use chocolate chips or chunks and melt in a double boiler - but I seriously can't do this for the life of me, so I can't tell you how to do it. But if you rock melting chocolate in a double boiler, go for it! Maybe you can tell me your tricks. Using toothpicks as a dipping tool, dip cookie balls into melted chocolate to cover it.

Return the covered cookie balls to the waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill in the fridge until set. Store, chilled, in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Resist eating every single one! If you are serving them or bringing them to a party, they look great in mini cupcake papers.

Enjoy! Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment